perjantai 27. kesäkuuta 2014

Departure

Hey y'all!

Finally, the day has come. This is what I've been waiting for, this is what it all comes down to.
It's only a matter of hours until my flight to Frankfurt. I will meet many of my dear Fellows there and we will continue our journey together. I already feel like I know them so well but nothing beats the real deal of meeting and talking to them face to face. From Frankfurt we will fly to Washington and finally arrive to Greensboro at night, where we'll be warmly welcomed by our new friends and families.


Flying to Helsinki today.

I've said my goodbyes, had my share of tears and kisses, and even experienced a surprise party deviously planned by my closest friends. The gift of friendship is so very precious. It feels great to love so greatly and be loved back. They completely caught me off guard and made my last few days before this exciting experience absolutely memorable.

At the airport I was greeted by my the other Fellow leaving from Finland, the amazing Joona. You can find his blog here. We ate, talked and laughed, having such a great time until finally deciding to get some rest before the early wake-up. Our hotel rooms are luxurious. I just have to gloat a little! This bed of mine, I'm writing this very post in is unbelievably soft, if only it would fit in my suitcase.. Kidding aside, I am actually too excited and nervous to sleep. I find there is only one possible solution. I will read until I drop.

                                                Enjoying some Starbucks drinks.. Yum

Like I mentioned I have an alarm very early, at 4:45 am, so this would be a good time to say goodbyes for now. Tomorrow will be crazy busy and nerve-wracking, but with the thought of all those great moments ahead I will manage just fine.

      Yesterday I went for a long walk and took a few goodbye pictures of my lovely hometown.

I will keep these posts coming and everyone updated on this once in a lifetime experience I'm lucky to be a part of. Feel free to follow and comment bravely! I won't bite.

Kindly yours, A




1 kommentti:

  1. Hi Amani, My name is Claire Lu and I'm currently an American student studying abroad in Finland! You can read about my adventure at claireinsuomi.blogspot.com! I hope you enjoy your stay in the US :)

    VastaaPoista